Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Study Abroad 10 Commandments


I've just thought of some rules of thumbs to maximize my experience in this journey :)

I am embarking on this journey, trying to uphold these:
  1. I shalt have nothing from American fast food chains, for I have travelleth for million cubits not to consume those junks
  2. I shalt not spend more than 3 hours/week on social media includeth Facebook, Twitter, GChat, Skype, and this blog for constant updates on those are signs of homesickness and unsavory experience
  3. I shalt inform my on-site coordinator, roommate, parents, and the cool office shall there ever be any transportation delay, emergency, trouble with authorities, or shall I travel beyond the border of my host land
  4. I shall get involved and invest my time in developing friendships with new local friends, yet I shall not spreadeth myself too thin across too many circles
  5. Remember to take half as many clothes as I thinkest, twice the snacks, three times the money, four times the courage, and infinite amount of energy
  6. I shalt manage my resources wisely: much for unrepeatable experiences and very few for tangible goods
  7. I shalt not confuse the locals by speaking American (or Philadelphian)
  8. I shall not covet what whomsoever(s) back in the States are experiencing while I’m away, for the experience that I am having is far more priceless
  9. I shall not nap, nor sleep before 10 pm, while I shall not sleep in after 9 am
  10. I shalt not judge the people of the country by the person who hath given me trouble
22 MORE DAYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment