Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Last Day of Co-Op

Time to say sayonara to my wonderful 4-month working experience at PJM.



At first, I felt indifferent about being paired with this position. However, I grew to love this workplace after just a couple weeks. There were so many things to learn, and it was just so encouraging to see full time employees here enjoy what they’re doing. Saying goodbye to the lovely workplace and people in my department now is kinda sad. They’ve been so supportive and patient in helping me develop professionally. Btw, thanks to them for taking me out to lunch today at Primo’s. Last Philly hoagie until 2013 couldn’t be better.






Clearing up my desk, I realized that work post the cubicle life has gotten better exponentially. For those who don’t know, I moved to a room with 3 other System Planning co-ops for a couple months now. Never crossed my mind about all of us getting along hilariously well, until the co-op team building luncheon where the HR told us to get to know our team. “But we’ve gotten to know each other all too well that now we wish we un-know ourselves from one another!” we replied proudly. I will definitely miss my fellow super hilarious, criminal-minded, power fool colleagues who would still have 1.5 months of brain-storming to take over the world and a presentation to do. Now I’d never know whether the Visual Sharp Sharp Pythetica Lab Plus Plus .Net language will be developed, whether they ever find the 5th person who is a dinosaur, and whether all of them are surviving the projects or killing the Python since “The last co-op who did this, DIED!” :)

Boarding the bus for the last time from this Valley Forge site, I got a little teary. I realized that even though my daily commute was annoying, I witnessed plenty of lives that are so different than mine. I saw their struggles and their joy, their good days and bad days. Such an eye-opener to the creative ways the Lord works through people’s lives.














Here’s to a successful, joyful, and valuable 4-month at PJM! I thank my Boss up above for this wonderful opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment